Sunday 28 April 2013

Fast Fashion


So the other day I opened my wardrobe, flipping through my dresses and shirts, suddenly I am surprised how many "Fast Fashion" labels I have. H&M, ZARA, Forever 21. Some of which I have never even worn before. Then I started asking myself, "When did I get all this stuff?"


I am sure someone out there is sharing the same feeling cos the thing is, they are just too cheap. They provide you with easy daily clothes at at extreme bargain price. $10 tank-tops. $15 slimming pants. It is almost impossible to walk out of these stores without buying a piece or two. Plus they changes their designs constantly so you'll always find something new that suits you when you visit a store. They also provide you with clothes suiting for different occasions: formal, parties, casual. Anything you need. And the best part is they take reference from high-end designer labels, modify them, and Bam! There you have a set of Marc Jacobs outfit for 10% of the price.


One problem is because everything is so cheap and easy to get, shoppers tend to end up with more than they need. But they don't care! It doesn't hurt them at all that they have to throw away a pair of $5 flip-flops or $15 jacket. The most important thing is to keep up with the trend. They wouldn't even bother to return the piece in case they don't like it when they got home. This causes a massive waste of useful materials and unconscious excess spending from consumers.


And since the clothes are so cheap, fast fashion labels have actually sacrificed. I once bought this sweater in one of the shops and I couldn't stop scratching my back for the entire night. So it's not always good to go for the cheaper option. But for a student like me who has limited financial resources, it'd probably take some time for me to walk away from this convenient and helpful industry. For now, I am definitely recommending these guys for you all who wanted some nice pretty treats to yourself from time to time, without emptying your wallet.

Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment